This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal data we may collect, how we’ll handle it, store it and keep it safe.
This notice also tells you about your rights in relation to your personal data.
We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
It’s likely that we’ll need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We’ll notify you of any significant changes, but you’re welcome to come back and check it whenever you wish.
Who we are
Developing the Young Workforce (DYW) West works with young people and employers to help shape the future workforce and we can be contacted in the following ways;
Address: DYW West, C/O West College Scotland, Paisley Campus, RE114, Renfrew Road, Paisley, PA3 4DR
Tel: 0141 581 2352
What Personal data do we process?
We will collect, store and use information about;
- the young people who may use or who do use our services;
- parents, guardians or representatives of the young people who use our services;
- our own employees: and
- the employees of potential and current employers and their affiliates, partners and stakeholders
Why do we process this personal data?
We have a legitimate interest to process this information in order to keep providing our services.
We will use these contact details to send information about other products and services from time to time but you will always have the option of telling us not to contact you in this way. If you do not wish to receive this information please let us know using the contact details above.
Who we share your personal data with
We will only share your personal data as is necessary to provide you with the services that you receive from us or which you provide to us. This will only be with third parties that we trust and where appropriate arrangements are in place and will in most circumstances be between;
- your school or college
- parents or guardians (where appropriate)
- potential employers
- Authorised bodies (where required)
We will hold your contact details for as long as we are providing you or your organisation with our services or you are providing us with services. If we no longer have this relationship with you we will delete your data after one year.
You have rights in relation to your personal data and can make a request to DYW as a data subject and are listed in brief below. A fee will not generally be charged for exercising any of these rights unless your requests are manifestly excessive.
- The right to access information about the personal data DYW is processing and to obtain a copy of it;
- The right to require DYW to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- The right to require DYW to erase or stop processing your data; and
- The right to object to the processing of your data where DYW is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing;
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, or if you have any concerns about how your personal data is being processed, please contact us on the contact details above.
If you still believe that DYW has not complied with your rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner. Contact details are available at www.ico.org.uk
Policy last updated 14th May 2017