As part of Scotland’s response to COVID-19 economic recovery, Young Person’s Guarantee was launched in November 2020. It aims to give all young people, aged 16-24 in Scotland, the chance to succeed through the opportunity of a job, apprenticeship, education, training or volunteering.
And for employers, it offers help to develop a future pipeline of skills and experience, with young people at the heart of the workforce. Young people bring organisations a wealth of talent, creativity, and enthusiasm, critical now and for future success.
DYW regional groups have been tasked the Scottish Government to get employers of all sizes and across all sectors involved with Young Person’s Guarantee in up to 5 ways:
· Prepare young people for the world of work
· Create opportunities for young people who face the greatest barriers to work
· Invest in a skilled workforce through apprenticeships, training and upskilling opportunities
· Create jobs and opportunities suitable for 16-24 year olds
· Ensure a work environment which supports all young people and provides fair work
View the guide to the YPG - here
View the YPG proforma, where employers can sign up to the asks - here
To discuss how your organisation can support the YPG please contact us at email@example.com